Re: (ASCEND) Static IP Users

You (the original poster) didn't specify whether the IP address in
question is an address that is logically part of the Ethernet space,
or is from a seperate address block...

If is would logicaly be on the Ethernet, then you do want
to use Proxy Mode (Proxy ARP) as below, if not then you
may need static routes from your border router, or a routing protocol
to redistribute your routes (Rip/Rip2/OSPF)

-Jim H

At 16:03 1998/08/25 -0500, John Coy (anc.net) wrote:
>That is NOT the right answer.  You probably do not
>have the Proxy Arp configuration set correctly.
>
>Ethernet->Mod Config->Ether Options->Proxy Mode = Active

>>> I just upgraded our MAXs (4004 and 6000) with 6.1.7.  I reconfigured all
>>> the settings from scratch.  Since then static IP users does not work.  They
>>> will connect but can't go beyond MAX.  Is there any setting that allows
>>> static users in 6.1.7?

>>>         Framed-Address = XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX          <- Static IP
>>>         Framed-Netmask = 255.255.255.255,

>>> Note:  The static IP is not allocated from the IP pool used by the MAX.
>>> This setting worked perfectly before upgrading to 6.1.7 from 6.0.
----
Jim Howard             Sr Network Engineer        Lyceum Internet
jhoward@lyceum.com     http://www.lyceum.com/     404.248.1733

My PGP Public Key: http://www.lyceum.com/~jhoward/pgp-key.txt
Fingerprint: 7E8B E2BA 1314 2535 CB08  CFF9 119B 7CD3 2488 954D