Re: (ASCEND) Virtual IP routing / IP Navigator

> Legacy routers, yes. But not on core switches by a long shot. Cisco's
> hardware is years behind Ascend.
>
> >Its far from progress. And it most certainly wasn't invented by Ascend.
>
> Distributed virtual route tables in ATM/Frame Relay switches was most
> certainly invented here.

No try Cascade.

> As for the rest of your complaints, the GRF is working just fine in some
> networks, and yes it has had problems in others like yours. It is clearly a
> niche router.

A niche router? I'll quote you on that Matt, its sold as a 7507 beater
and its far from that.

> The CBX however has worked flawlessly everywhere. If you have a
> demonstratable problem, I'd love to hear about it. IP Navigator was just
> released a few months ago, and is working pretty darn well so far. Ascend
> native frame relay and ATM is clearly the best and we can prove it. In fact
> we do prove it on a daily basis to all the carriers who end up buying our
> switches.

Yup our CBX just stops reporting traps and randomly makes PVC's inactive
I've got tickets open but as I said before nobody at Ascend calls
anyone back these days.

Regards,
Neil.

--
Neil J. McRae. Alive and Kicking.       Domino: In the glow of the night.
neil@DOMINO.ORG  "Ascend GRF-400 100% Niche Router 0% core" -- Matt Holdrege