On Tue, Aug 17, 2021 at 8:48 AM Andrew Lunn <andrew at lunn.ch> wrote:

> I have something similar, but not mounted to the back of the TV. I
> used an Intel NUC.

I find having a real keyboard useful, mostly because i'm a command
> line junkie, and most desktop environments are not designed for couch
> surfing from 12 feet. So i have a Logitech K400 which works for
> me. And for more complex stuff, its linux, just SSH into it from a
> laptop/desktop.

I second everything that Andrew said.  Use a NUC as your PC, it's a little
pricier than the ARM based boxes but so much more powerful.  The Logitech
K400 keyboards ROCK, I have a couple of them for various RPi projects.

As for software, your favorite Linux distro + Kodi does pretty much
everything you're asking.

Brian