> ok got rid of the remmina toolbar, now just missing the ability to
> prespecify the position of the window.  anyone know what's up with
> xvnc4viewer?

Is this not good enough:

https://www.explainshell.com/explain/1/xvnc4viewer

-geometry geometry
       Standard X position and sizing specification.

The most light-weight VNC client/viewer I have seen is: SDLvncviewer.
I mean, it is one file and it leverages libvnc. Here:
https://libvnc.github.io/doc/html/_s_d_lvncviewer_8c-example.html

I use it all the time, and have been for a long time. I do have some issues
with KeySyms (some keyboard actions do not come across well) but that did
not bother me enough to modify the code and make it work.

The libvnc code is really amazing. I use it to forward real X displays
that have Xorf nVidia modules (propriatery binary) for acceleration. It
is fast and robust. I cannot praise it enough.