Haven't you ever gone to a book store or library to browse for
interesting books?
I bet most of us have since we're typically life-long learners on this
mailing list.

How would I have known Semiotics was something interesting enough to
read about had I not browsed the download collection and found "Of
Cigarettes, High Heels, and Other Interesting Things_3rd ed. 2018.pdf"?

It's much easier to browse the collection locally and purge what I find
uninteresting or purge a reference I'm not interested in keeping.