developing online school curriculum. Since the existing school model
can't figure out how to educate in this modern environment, maybe some
innovative Linux users can help.

My perspective is shaped over a long lifetime. During the Sputnik scare
the best students were given every opportunity less well funded school
systems could provide. As schools devolved into zookeepers and
adolescent bone crushing sports sponsors, academics collapsed. Trying to
get teachers to teach computer programming on the Window 9X platform met
absolute resistance while my kids were in high school.

But as someone who once studied advanced science, I see great teaching
resources broadcast on PBS. Even a current broadcast commercial channel
called Quest is a great teacher.

We can't abandon children, even if our contemptible politicians have.