On Wed, Jul 1, 2020 at 10:18 PM gregrwm <tclug1 at whitleymott.net> wrote:

> as answers roll in i would love to also know whether the same aspects of security can easily be achieved with *ubuntu.  certainly drive encryption and vpn can.  i've tried various distros for various reasons but when i'm derailed by something that doesn't work i end up back in *ubuntu.

I found when using snapd and LXD that *buntu has moved to where
their prefered system setup was to force upgrades to software on
*buntu's schedule and the devil take the issues with the latest and
greatest. As that became clear I was forced to drop the use of LXD
as useful technologies. IMO this removed *buntu from use as a serious
 at least server distro and it is highly unlikely that I would ever use it for
any reason as a result.