> On Mon, Nov 23, 2020 at 2:34 PM Brian Wood <woodbrian77 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Shalom
> >
> > I haven't used live USBs much so this may be an
> > easy question to answer.  I've been running Linux Mint
> > from a USB stick.  It works fine, but each time I use it
> > I have to get some packages (git, C++ compiler, etc.)
> > again.  I get the packages with apt-get install ...
> > Is there a way to get the packages to last from one boot
> > to the next?  Tia

Might want to look into AntiX live-usb as it has custom tools in the
original image for dealing with persistence.
From here:

https://antixlinux.com/the-most-extensive-live-usb-on-the-planet/

/quote/
Customization
Instead of packing every conceivable program into the antiX live-usb,
we kept it small and lightweight but made it extremely easy to
customize. If there are programs you want that are missing from the
live system, simply install them via Synaptic or cli-aptiX, do a
live-remaster and voilĂ , it's just like those programs came
pre-installed.
\quote\

Also, lots of helpful tutorials here

https://www.youtube.com/user/runwiththedolphin/videos