On Sun, Dec 13, 2020 at 9:17 AM Ryan Coleman <ryan.coleman at cwis.biz> wrote:

> Like they reject the user agent? If so try this:
>
> wget --user-agent="Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Fedora; Linux x86_64; rv:52.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/52.0"
>
> Or they are SSL-protected and wget isn’t liking it? If so try the        --no-check-certificate switch.
>
> Files are almost always saved in your home directory. You will need to find that based on your distribution.
>
> If you don’t know where a file is but you know it’s name try…
>
> find / | grep ‘FILEname.ext’

Thank you for your suggestion but I do know the name of the file and
I'm not really looking for it.

What I am trying to do is figure out a way to use 'save as' in
something like okular and have some
kind of cli command that harvests not only the name of the file but
also th location on my system
where I saved the file to.

Sort of this way - - - -
I'm writing notes/ideas stimulated by a pdf in a plain text document.
Step 2 - - - I save the document in a folder whose location is something like
     /media/memyself/raidxxx/somefolder/nextlevelfolder/3rdlevelfolder/4thlevel
    . . . 10thlevelfolder/somestupidpdf.
Step 3 - - - - - I use cli command 'some goofy save command' and the location
   in step 2 is documented in the doc for step 1

(I have been just recently introduced to parallel and I might want to save some
things directly into bibtex or Jabref (whichever is more straightforward).

Does this process make sense?

What I'm looking for is 'some goofy save command' from step 3.

Thanking you for your assistance.

Regards