Ryan Coleman writes:

> Those beeps mean something. What does the Gigabyte board
> manual state the BIOS beeps mean?

This is a refurbished motherboard.  The cpu and memory
are new.  I downloaded the manual, but it only uses the
word "beep" two times:

'The system reports system startup status by issuing a beep code.
One single short beep will be heard if no problem is detected at system
startup."

I forgot to mention the fans spin.  I removed the cmos battery
for 30 minutes and then put it back.  That didn't change anything.
I also tried it with no ram.  It didn't beep at all with no ram.
It also didn't adjust the fan speed with no ram like it does
when there's ram in there.

I haven't tried reseating the cpu.  Am reluctant to do that.