Greetings

I am working to build a program where the program itself sits on a
designated server where a database and a front end provide
interaction. Want to have the user's data and results (from using the
program (process) reside on their machine. AIUI this means that I'm
trying to have a service on the cloud (or some such).

Is there anyone out there who has done something like this or has some
knowledge of the developmental process in such a program (beast
perhaps - - - grin) that might provide some pointers as to tools
and/or techniques.

TIA

Regards