Have you tried just using the Raspbian that is written for it?
Ubuntu Mate is updated for it now, too.

The thing is the chipset that is in the new ARMs is nowhere near the same as the previous versions, or so I’ve read, and the video drivers weren’t compatible either, so they all had to be rewritten.

Tumbleweed might get updated for it sometime soon.

Give those other two distros a shot. I don’t think you’ll be disappointed.
—
Ryan