According to the Raspberry Pi web site, the new Pi 4 is exactly intended
as a linux desktop. Low cost, low power, low resource use, powerful
network and display capabilities make it a benchmark for billions of people.

Opensuse Tumbleweed distro does have ARM ports for previous Pi boards
(ARM version 6 and 7) but doesn't seem to yet cover the Pi 4 version 8 ARM.

I don't know anything about this stuff anymore, and would play with it
like my first Pi if younger. I'm just happy the razzle dazzle computer
extremists haven't destroyed the market development for small, simple,
efficient, reliable communications and IT hardware.