I guess I was objecting to the rediculous, outdated, and sexist advice.
Wives or women doesn't seem to matter when the problem is the idea that
females (wives or not) are magical sources of problems -- unless, of
course, they mean that more witchcraft is better than less.

When I see advice (sexist or not) regarding witchcraft or other made up
topics, I tend to also wonder what other basic facts they had wrong. It's
quiet hard to take advice that seems to think fairy tales are real too
seriously. What's next? Tips to improve the chances of an application to
Hogwarts?

There are definitely cases where more is better than less -- for most
people things like access to healthy food, midern medical treatments, and
modern education, and access exercise equal rights, more is better.

I have a feeling that most would like to keep the list free form religion
and politics, but I would be willing to have a polite dialogue off list if
you really would like to continue these topics.

On Sep 3, 2018 12:22 PM, "Brian Wood" <woodbrian77 at gmail.com> wrote:

Iznogoud  writes:

>> Point 8 also says 'the more women, the more witchcraft', so perhaps a
grain
>> or two of salt is applicable when dealing with outdated 'wisdom'

This is often translated as "the more wives, the more witchcraft."
I should have linked to a different site.

> Point 8 starts with: "He used to say." (Gotta love that part.)

I'm not sure what you are getting at.

> This one, and probably all other points, come with a wheelbarrow full of
salt.

Point 3 is:
"Be careful in your relations with the government; for they draw no man
close to themselves except for their own interests. They appear as friends
when it is to their advantage, but they do not stand by a man in his time
of stress."

If we had stuck with "Ask not what your country can do for
you, but what you can do for your country." we would be
better off.  Instead we are umpteen trillion in debt and want
to spend a lot more?!

Brian
https://github.com/Ebenezer-group/onwards