On Wed, Oct 3, 2018 at 1:57 PM Iznogoud <iznogoud at nobelware.com> wrote:

> > I think you misunderstood what I was trying to do.
> > I was trying to set up a multi-boot system, not only on one hard
> > drive, (which I've done a few times in the past) but the options being
> > two versions of the same os.
>
> Oh, I understood alright. What you did not understand is what several of us told
> you, i.e. to learn a little bit of GRUB/GRUB2 and the booting sequence of the
> Linux kernel. But you found that it was either too intricate or too much work.
>
> I boot two different distributions with entirely different kernels, Windows 10,
> and some other junk, by having "duct-taped together" the grub.conf. So I am
> pretty sure that I understood what you wanted to do and I know it is possible
> with minimal effort.
>
> I know I am being of no help again, but perhaps it is time for you to start
> reading HOWTOs and other online documents again. Like Euclid told Ptolemy:
> "There is no `royal road' to geometry." You are better off learning the things
> you do not now. I hope this helps.
>
> I hope this message does not carry a condescending tone.

I'll start here - - - -its clear that you didn't read what I said - -
-I wanted to use two
different kernels from the SAME distribution and that I just couldn't
get to work and I
couldn't find nada on line about it either. Doing it for different
*nixes - - - sorry that's
easy and I have done that in the past its trying to do it for the same
os and just have
two significantly (4.0.9 (iirc) and 4.16 (again iirc)) different
kernels that proved part of
the unfindable (sic) continuum. I just couldn't find a way to stick
those two together.

Thanks.

Dee