When using mkdir in a script, mkdir gives you the option of checking
the status code returned to validate your command is doing what you
intended, where you intended, or blindly assuming you really know where
$PWD is running that script.

Put that script in your $PATH and interesting results may result
depending on where $PWD is when executing that script and how you
reference the path you are trying to create.