Thanks Ryan. But let's get beyond the U's problems and stick with some
important science.

First, there is no way to air condition India and billions of others.
Think about your air conditioner blowing your hot air on your neighbor,
while your neighbor blows his hot air on you, all often powered by heat
engine power plants or solar panels generating variable low efficiency
power but soaking up solar heat. I won't get into betting lives on wind.
A hot steel roof can definitely be improved on. Sucking rooftop solar
photons into a fiber optic cable is a serious new energy opportunity, as
Izzy's prof. friend will appreciate.

And the "copy fire" routine is so simple. Just burn a wood fire and you
will find yourself adjusting light spectral properties and light
intensity to "evaporate" cellulose.

And black dirt usually makes better garden soil.

The fact that the U. refuses to allow freedom of ideas is a catastrophe.
I don't know how bankrupt our young generation can get. Somebody should
at least be aware of this global game changer.

In the mean time we can all still love our souped up 50 year old Unix OS.