I don't know anything about GhostBSD, TrueOS, or Ben Shapiro. But I know
you have been advocating some strange use of C++, and since I recently
started learning C++ I thought it worth butting in.

I use various versions of openSuse. And I started digging into their
various Qt GUI programming tools, which is C++. I tried the FreePascal
Lazarus GUI, but it never seems to work.

I've had Tom Swan's old book, "Gnu C++ for Linux," for many years. Also
Herb Schildt's "Complete Reference for C++," and other C++ books and
even a QT book or two. But Tom Swan also authored the "Mastering
TurboPascal" book series that remains my best reference for FreePascal
on Linux. Tom Swan is tedious, but with patience C++ now makes sense,
and it is clearly a language intended to bring C into greater usefulness.

So I look forward to reading some great software books this winter, and
will try ignore all the liver spots on my old used hands. I suggest
ignoring the U's devout commie leanings, too. As a Biophysical Chemist I
learned many years ago they didn't do much science there. With all the
commie screaming about climate change, good luck finding any solutions
there. We have a world of science leaving us in the dust, and an army of
homeless hungry refugees headed our way. Arguing with or about hateful
commies is a certain waste of time.

Even though I'm pre-newbie C++, I would like to get a better grasp of
this language.