Yes, what's the real root question or issue here?
If you're part of the "gig economy" like I was for 20 years, I've
always run some distro of Linux on my personal (work) laptop and that
was fine with the majority of my clients. Some clients required their
own image (Windows or Mac) on their own laptops for accessing company
data, but none have ever prevented me from doing work on my personal
Linux laptop. Most clients would, but some clients wouldn't allow me to
extract company data to my personal laptop, but in all but one case, I
could, did, and was able to deliver better outcomes because of it. The
one case where I couldn't extract company data to my personal laptop
didn't care about outcomes or costs or efficiencies, so they actually
paid me (lots) more to be less productive.
YMMV