This is normal. You are normal. A new Linux user tries some flaky Linux
derivative nobody ever heard of and gets blown away by confusion.

I was encouraged to choose between Red Hat and SuSE in about 1997. I
chose and bought SuSE and still use it without problems. Now it is
called openSuse and they have a huge forum.

Get On with learning how to USE Linux and Get Off trying to make it
work. As an old man I tell you, there isn't time enough in a lifetime to
learn this software. Don't be another Linux victim, be a Linux master.