Thanks for responding.
I have no graphical environment.
I have used the Sabayon forum - pretty complex for me - can't find problem
like I'm having.
Do not understand "what update - what upgrade". - have updated and upgraded
to the gills! - "Equo"
I was wrong about my video card - I have an Nvidia 8800GT - downloaded the
drivers - still no
graphical environment.
I do get a login prompt - but no graphical environment.
I do not know what dmesg means or is.
When do I execute Ctrl-Alt-F1?
I posted the issue in the Sabayon forum and have gotten no reply yet.
I just want to resolve this issue and go away, ya know?!
I feel I'm being a pain by asking people to help.
Sincerely,
DJ