Danny,

You will need to give the list more information....

1. "Sabayon Live CD" is ambiguous according to the download page:
http://www.sabayon.org/download/
"There are many different Sabayon variants"

So What exactly did you install?

2. What have you tried? What update? What upgrade?
Have you used Ctrl-Alt-F1 ? Do you get a login prompt?
What specific video card do you have any why would you think that's relevant?
What does "cannot get back to my desktop" mean? Do you not get a login prompt?
    Or do you just not get a graphical environment?
What clues do you get from the dmesg command?
What is in /var/log? Especially /var/log/Xorg.0.log.
    (less /var/log/Xorg.0.log)
What does lsmod say?   (It lists the loaded kernel modules)
uname -a   ?

3. Sabayon is Gentoo based
So not the most common of environments.  A large percentage of repos are
either rpm or deb based.
As a result, you might get much more useful help from the Sabayon forums
than from a generic Linux forum.  A gentoo forum might also be more helpful.

With that said, post more details and you'll get more help!

Looks like sabayon uses lightdm and systemd. linux 4.9.0.
I downloaded the server iso and booted it up.  Looks pretty normal...
Let us know your specific issues.

https://wiki.sabayon.org/index.php?title=HOWTO:_Get_AMD/ATI_or_Nvidia_Video_Cards_working_in_Sabayon

Gerry