On Fri, Feb 2, 2018 at 12:21 PM, Andrew Lunn <andrew at lunn.ch> wrote:

> >  Well after this is completed I check using $
> > dpkg -l | egrep ^ii to see how things went. Well - - - I have a huge list
> > conprising most of any useful package that is listed as ii - - -
> > incompletely installed and incompletely configured.
>
> ii does not mean that.
>
> https://linuxprograms.wordpress.com/2010/05/11/status-dpkg-list/
>
> http://man7.org/linux/man-pages/man1/dpkg-query.1.html
>
> The first i means action Install
> The second i means status Installed.
>
> Nothing to worry about.

Greetings

THANK YOU!!!

Other times my query would result in stuff that I had to re-install or
re-configure.

I most often don't look for man pages because I find that they are written
largely
as reminders for those that do know what they are doing. There is only very
rarely
an example and never yet have I seen included what to do when an error is
thrown.
So man pages are great for experts but for those of us who predominantly
'use' the
stuff - - - well they are like trying to read Sanskrit using a Russian
dictionary!

Dee