On Sun, 12 Aug 2018, Andrew Lunn wrote:

> the key for decrypting the files has to be available somewhere, how else
> can it decrypt them to show them? It is more a case of, how long do you
> want to spend looking around to find the key.

The key has to be somewhere, but it doesn't have to be in the box.  This
box didn't work after the service was over, which surprised and
disappointed me.  I had a bunch of stuff I wanted to watch, but after the
service terminated (several days ahead of schedule), the box refused to
show me anything.  In fact, it never worked without internet service (it
was connected to ethernet).  I was wondering if the TV shows were even
stored on the box.  Maybe the video files were on the box but the keys
were not -- the keys might be in a server somewhere.

Mike