You are welcome; glad to shed some light on some things.

Codeweavers is a great place to work, I am sure. Jeremy White (founder and
possibly CEO) is a nice guy and I have met him. My understanding is that what
other companies do not want to do with porting, they delegate (for pay) to
them. An example is ImageLine, a company that makes software music sequencers
and synthesizers. Their 'de facto" port of "FL Studio" to Linux and Mac is
based on the Codeweavers' software "Crossover." They are just off 280 by the
UofM campus.

(So much good stuff in MN...)

With WINE/Crossover, it almost makes no sense to build native Linux applications
and simply make them for Windows. This way, one is almost guaranteed that it
will run on Windows and Mac effortlessly.