As I play around backing up, upgrading, and what-not, I use
not-so-hotswappable hard disk drives. Sometimes I goof up and have a bad
/etc/fstab file and the system will hang at boot. In older distros there
were some instructions to boot to root and use "mc" to edit /etc/fstab.
This newer opensuse distro had me stumped how to just get the filesystem
going.

So I tried the Fedora Live DVD and booted to DVD, mounted the boot hard
drive in KDE "dolphin" file manager, opened the KDE editor "kwrite,"
edited and saved the system file /etc/fstab, and rebooted the opensuse
hard drive smooth as silk.

I might be wrong, but these Linux Live DVDs seem to open a giant
security hole.