> You can still use cloud services--at least some...
> JUST ENCRYPT IT FIRST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.
>
> There's gpg by GNU at the very least..

Eeeeeh... If you are using a virtualized server and you are encrypting, you are
not better than a person who uses Windows backups and expects them to work. They
do not. You should encrypt when possible, but do not expect that your data is
not accessible by others when you are not in contact with the hardware.

I encrypt... everything possible. I _never_ type passphrases of encrypted
containers over networks, and that includes SSH connections, and I _never_
type GPG/PGP passphrases from anywhere other than the console of a Linux.