On 03/18 04:28 , Iznogoud wrote:
> Are you saying that ATMs run mostly Linux? I swear that the ones I have seen
> be on maintenance mode are OS/2, which was the prevalent OS back in the 90s
> for those things. Wells Fargo ATMs are new NCR machines, so I would guess they
> could be based on Linux. I would not blame any company for wanting to go that
> route.

I have a relative in the ATM business, and I can confirm that his all run
some sort of embedded Windows variant. I didn't have a chance to really pull
the OS apart in order to see exactly what version it was - I was busy
diagnosing a DHCP problem which turned out to be a bad router/DHCP server
(tho the OS's DHCP retry logic was pretty poor and contributed to the
problem).

--
Carl Soderstrom
Systems Administrator