On 3/13/17, Doug Reed <n0nas at amsat.org> wrote:
> Under Windows, I used to use the NewsBin reader program. It was great!
> But they don't have a Linux version and I didn't want to fool with
> WINE.  So what I'm currently using as a binary news reader is
> SABnzbd+. I use it with my Usenetserver account and it works fine. But
> I've never tried to post with it, I don't think it supports posting.
>
> <http://www.newsgroupreviews.com/thunderbird.html>
> <http://www.fastusenet.org/thunderbird-tutorial.html>
> The first link just confirms Thunderbird can be your newsreader. The
> second link is how one service provider wants Thunderbird setup for
> use with their servers. It should provide a fairly complete idea of
> how you need to set it up for grc.com. Step 9 specifically sets up
> account name and password for remote server access.
>
> Since you are already using Thunderbird, I doubt you'd gain anything
> by switching to Seamonkey for combined browser-email-newsreader......
>
> Doug Reed.
>

> --
> "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch.
> Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin
>
> "When seconds count, help is only minutes away."
> Does Gun Control protect you, the criminal, or the Government?

Thank you, I'd used the steps shown in your links but never receive
prompts for username or password.  I am using 45.7.1 so perhaps things
have changed.  For instance. there is no Tools/Account Settings.  It's
now Edit/Account Settings.

If your news reader doesn't support posting perhaps Thunderbird no longer does.

Regardless, I did finally get PAN to compile and that does very
clearly prompt for both so I think I'm set.  I do appreciate your
help.