The stability of 17.04 will continue to improve as bugs are reported
and fixed.
If you can live with increasing stability from where you currently are,
then stick with 17.04.
If you cannot live with this increasing stability, downgrade to the
16.04.2 LTS version.
Personally, I stick with the LTS versions and upgrade to the next LTS
version at the end of its support to ensure that as many bugs get fixed
as possible before I upgrade to it.
YMMV