> I have no idea how you decided we disagree about configuration files. My
> question was about daemonizing applications, not about configuring them.
> Your configuration files are a red herring. Please read my original question.

Maybe I misunderstood you when you said there is something more convenient
than (re)editing a configuration file and sending a (HUP) signal afterwards.
I think this is a fine way to do things.

I still think I would not want too many directories for controlling and
configuring processes. I think that is where we disagree.

> Ansible has nothing to do with Slackware, so your comment makes no sense.

I knew this would create confusion. What I meant about mentioning Slackware
was that I prefer something more bare-bones and as closely adhering to the unix
standard. Ansible, and my not using it, was to clearify that I do not work on
the systems backend in hte way you do. You mentioned how backend configuration
is done in Ansible applications and mine was a "I do not really know" reponse.

> You seem to be saying "linux is a really well functioning OS, so we shouldn't
> make any changes to it." That is an interesting attitude.

Not true. What I said is that I prefer to not break old things that work well.
I did not advocate a non-progress attitude. If something is truly better and
demands that the foundation is changed, I am fearless to go for it. Some things
that were changed in Linux distros I did not like, but the kernel has always
been making forward progress in my opinion.

I am sorry I was not able to help you. Carry on; this is a pointless discussion
that is starting to go the wrong direction.