On Fri, Jan 13, 2017 at 9:03 AM, Jeff Jensen <jjensen at apache.org> wrote:
> I used QuickBooks for many years across a few businesses and it works very
> well. It's not very pricey ($200 range based on the version/features), lots
> of features such as multi-user, account transaction download, inventory
> tracking, etc.
>
> Similar look and feel as Quicken, as Intuit made both.
>

> On Thu, Jan 12, 2017 at 8:33 PM, gregrwm <tclug1 at whitleymott.net> wrote:
>>
>> have installed LedgerSMB for others to use.  i can't personally speak to
>> using it, i believe it's fairly industrial strength.  have used gnucash for
>> years myself, it works well, tho am considering moving online to wave or
>> something like it, linda does it really not have reconciling features?  and
>> you just handle that yourself?

Have considered QuickBooks but when I looked they limit accounts to 5
digits and
bork at numbers oever 5999 IIRC. GIFI codes go up to 9999 and I've developed an
account code system where I'm using 10 digits for granularity. (Makes some
management things much easier.)

The other issue that isn't easy to resolve is that all your financial
records are in
a format that really doesn't connect too well with anything else. So
if you had to
move then you have a BIG problem at that time.

Thanks for the ideas!

Dee