I don't pretend to be an up-to-date scientist. I've mentioned how proud
I was doing some transformation of co-ordinates calculations (I learned
in analytic mechanics physics) to draw a somewhat 3D representation of
the alpha-helix and beta-sheet poly-peptide structures. More accurate
were electro-optic coefficients calculated by dividing mean dipole by
root-mean-square moment. How I pulled that off on an Epson QX10 Z80
computer and printer I don't know. But when I handed it out Otto was
excited, "Who did this?" I said to an impressive group that I did. But
real images were already being made, just not doing the electro optic
stuff. Now-a-days I have several very advanced free Linux graphics
programs for large molecules I don't know how to use, an OpenGL
screensaver using protein data-bank files that invites lots more uses,
and a lot of that stuff came from the U of MN. Major league stuff, and
I've even seen some of it includes some peptide "circuit" analysis.
We've come a long way.

Today I got some energy Minnesota legislator staffer wanting a big story
about biomass, biochar, climate, etc. We even have the UN on our
Minnesota butts for using fossil fuels not to freeze to death. More wars
won't "Make America Great Again."

Science matters.