One of the investors in "Lightronics, Inc." was Dave Listner, an adviser
to Bethel College. Fiber optics, the internet, LEDs, optical disc media,
display technology created a lot of jobs. Quality education and young
people with opportunity (not bankrupted from the effort to learn) could
happen many places.

I did find some big changes in new technology leadership. My interest in
environment, energy, and agriculture has some great new directions. The
old "renewable energy" scammers are all gone.

Of particular interest is "NRRI" out of UMD. With nearly double
atmospheric CO2, biology is growing nearly twice as fast. With
population growth, farm soil fertility is important. This combines to a
new project in Coleraine, MN. to convert wood waste to fuel and charcoal
(biochar). When you buy garden black dirt it contains biochar. This NRRI
project is just one component of a larger industrial bioenergy climate
response the world must face. Coleraine, MN. has connections to Finland,
Sweden, with technology transfer opportunity with Russia, China and Brazil.

Otto's big theory was to copy nature, "biomimetics." He invented digital
electronics copying the nerve "action potential." I question my actual
contribution but not my sweat equity trying to copy nerve systems.
Regarding biomass conversion I push "copy fire." Anybody who burns a
wood fire knows light energy and photochemistry is happening.

Some very basic data is now being developed in Coleraine, MN.
Civilization won't destroy science, but politics can.

Linux industrial controls will matter.