Interesting lead article in Sunday's Mpls. Startribune Opinion Exchange
section, "Will Civilization Destroy Science?" I think it fairly reflects
the "What do we do now?" status of our politics and nation as a whole.

We know we use electronics, but China makes most of it. In Otto's day
they were known as "Red China" and he would roll over in his grave if he
could see 2017 USA.

Personally, I wouldn't give 10 cents to the U. of MN. administration.
But I would give huge grants to students willing to study hard and
become a foundation for the future.

A Linux computing forum seems as good a place as any to offer an answer
to the important OpEd question.