Greetings

I am trying to effect a server installation comprising of

Apache2
Postgresql
php7.0

On an initial attempt to do this a mountain of problems were uncovered.
It would seem that there is a preferred order in which to do things.
I.e. to achieve the expected result with a minimum of pain.
Some of the 'guides' download everything all at once and then work at
setting things up and configuring things. There seem to be some different
possibilities for order i.e.

1. database
2. php
3. apache

or
1. apache
2. database
3. connect the two
4. php

Is there anyone who has an install 'recipe' that works for installing

1. Postgresql
2. web server (haven't used any so am open just want good reasons as to why
the recommendation)
3. php (because that is what one has to use to get web sites to work aiui!)

TIA

Dee