If you want to use wine but not bork your system, spin up a docker
container containing wine:
Put the following in a Dockerfile, build the container from the
Dockerfile, then run it.
Voila, an isolated instance of wine that can't bork your system.
When you're done, delete the image and the container and no one will be
the wiser that you had wine running on your machine.
# Wine docker image base

        FROM debian:stretch

        LABEL maintainer "Jessie Frazelle <jess at linux.com>"

        # install wine

        RUN apt-get update && apt-get install -y \

        	wine \

        	--no-install-recommends && \

        	dpkg --add-architecture i386 && \

        	apt-get update && \