I have been very wrong before, but I give the guy more credit for his
efforts to grow as an individual. One example mistake was my effort as
an environmental scientist sitting out here in rural Minnesota and
trying to get involved with the "Green Party" only to learn they were
just a bunch of Minneapolis communists full of anger, none an
environmentalist. I got kicked off their list several times for trying
to talk about clean air, water, and cellulosic biofuels. They still want
donations, but most are wolves in sheep clothing. So I'm not a judge of
anything.

 From my brief reading of his situation, he has a health issue and is
stuck with 4 little kids to care for alone. He's trying to find out how
to grow linux skills and become part of a constructive discussion and
get involved. He vented frustration improperly here, but I also say
things while picking rock venting frustration that scares my dog. Half
you urban lunatics drive your car like WMDs. Some rural crazies vent
frustration shooting off a hundred rounds of automatic ammo. Too many
others suck drugs containing who knows what.

So (for now) I think he just wanted to find his peers and learn linux in
a supportive community, and it didn't exist.

BTW, I just figured out why the old XForms toolkit "cursors" demo uses
modern cursors instead of the old bitmaps. It took me a while to learn
there is an Xcursor library that automatically searches given directory
paths for themes and icon files. It won't make "Twitter" headlines, but
pretty impressive how well designed this linux is.