On Oct 29, 2016 17:43, <rhubarbpieguy at gmail.com> wrote:

> I ask this of Linux users how they test their firewall from time to
time.  I'm often referred to reports.  However, It makes no sense to me to
have software grade itself.  Reporting what was detected doesn't tell me
what's out there, it tells me what was detected.

> Are there outside options other than "Shields UP!!"  from Gibson Research
Corporation.  I've heard good and bad.

Don't recall what service you mention. However, having Linux and BSD FWs
for many years I relied on nmap scans to give myself a idea. Also, there's
netalyzr for Android that you can look into, and at one point I had Snort
running.