Well, Chuck… nothing you have in “quotes” needs to “be” “in” “quotes”.

Secondly get a WiFi scanner. check the signal strength. check your speeds. Check the RSSI and the SNR. The closer the RSSI and signal strength are to 0 the better (they are negative values).

If you have lower speeds than you’re expecting then you know you have a combination of poor signal and interference. You could have signal overlay.

there is no 11MHz or 56MHz in a signal. There’s 11mbps and 56mbps. Like I said, you’re looking at interference.

If you have more than 10 devices connecting to an off-the-shelf WiFi device you’re SOL. They’re not designed to handle more than 5 or 6 devices at once. I have sold and installed higher end devices but they require doing a site survey - those cost $1500-$2500. If you want to hire my employer (based in Burnsville) I can give you a name to contact off list. We do good work, in fact you’ll end up working directly with me in the field since I’m the WiFi surveyor at the firm.

But as Wayne has said concrete and metal backings are not good for 802.11 signal, or any radio signal at all.

You really might be looking at a solution of well over $10,000 - be careful of what you ask for when you want to fix things.

Check on your subscriber link to make sure that your service provider is actually feeding you something more than 10Mbps. CenturyLink is VERY WELL KNOWN for overstating their service. I pulled their internet after 18 hours in 2010 because they were well below advertised and they spent months before refunding me any money.

—
Ryan