Rick,
You have to write this stuff down. These are stories, setups, and local history
that, at the very least, we should come across once while living here.

I go by the Bakken museum all the time and I always say "On my list" and it
has been years and I have not gone. Bumped up the priority just from what you
said.

OpenGL has been evolving. We are now around version (of the standard) 4. But
all the older stuff is compatible. I wanted widgets for my VR software...
Otherwise, there are lots of widgets out threre and I do like Motif. Anyway,
you can learn it, much like anything a geek puts their mind to.