A person of Dayton's leadership could only be a Slackware user... *fist bump*
Cheers Brian.

Rick, I do not know how you managed to do that brain-dump in your email but it
was impressive. As I was reading it I thought I was understanding it, and then
I realized that I finished all paragraphs being much more confused about both
the email and the thread! But I would like to know, was the MSI's _former_site_
at the dude's lab's location? The former site was across the river from where
I am now, and I really liked that building (requiring no external heating, not
even for the heated parking underneeth the computers). The present location of
the MSI is in Walter library, which was renovated about 10 years or so ago.

Did you do anything with those widgets and the software you wanted to build?