On Thu, Oct 20, 2016 at 12:37 PM, Brian Wood <woodbrian77 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Governor Dayton's recent remarks about Obamacare got
> me wondering if I could find an exemption to Obamacare
> taxes ($695!) for 2016.   And that will be going up next year.

$695, as I recall, was the cost of a Linux license from SCO during the
whole Darl McBride debacle.  So just think, someone (not you) is
getting an actual benefit (insurance) for the same price as a
worthless "Linux license".  In that perspective, it seems like a
bargain.

Speaking of Governor Dayton, what distro do you think he likes?  He
seems like more of a tinker-with-it-til-it-works kind of guy so I'm
thinking CentOS and Ubuntu aren't likely.  Arch or another less
polished Debian derivative would be my guess.  Then again he's been
around for awhile, state auditor and all.  Maybe he's an old school
Slackware user.

> Getting rid of MN Sure would probably
> more than pay for the program.  What do you think?

I think they should make health insurance more like Intel processors.
Choose your socket and core count and find the most bang for the buck.

Then again, health insurance and Intel procs have no relation
whatsoever.  And neither does your post that most certainly doesn't
belong on this list.