> On Nov 18, 2016, at 2:44 PM, Loren Burlingame <theixian at hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> I had heard stories of people who swear they were compromised after sending an e-mail with a password in it. I always thought it was a little far fetched... but given that most SMTP is probably still not encrypted, perhaps there is something to the stories after all.

This is the very reason my firm no longer allows any unencrypted transfer of information… All of our websites, short of the main landing pages, are SSL-supported; the FTP, SMTP, IMAP all SSL-supported. No longer allow web site management or updating when not on the VPN, etc.

The only thing I have’t required is closed tunnel VPN connections, but that might come in the near future as we have more and more schools blocking SMTP, FTP and other basic functions over their guest WiFi.