Rick,
C++ has been around for many years now. It surely is more like C than Pascal...
It is worth learning, at any age, if you have the free time. Start with Dennis
Richie's book on C and make a quick leap to C++. Most complicated pieces of
software are made with C++ now. I have said this before, that in very high
performance applications one has to be careful in using C++ intrinsics, like
anything STL, and should pay attention to the underlying algorithms that
support those templates. If you are doing parallel computing, you need to look
a lot deeper.

I guess this is for anyone's information to the extent that they care.

Brian, I looked at your project on Bitbucket and at its website. It is very
likely that the project has no downloads, or that Atlassian wants some money
in order to turn on premium features so that you can get that data. As of
recently I put some things on Github, to share with others. I do not think
Github gives any download activity or anything beyond the commit analytics.

Also, for someone who is so crazy about "top posting" I find it very surprising
that you have a "the the" on that project's website! (I am just pulling your
leg bro.)