I've installed Linux Mint on an Acer Travelmate laptop and am
having trouble getting the wireless stuff working.

iwconfig says the access point is not associated.

lspci says this:

01:00.0 Network controller: Intel Corporation Wireless 7260 (rev bb)
    Subsystem: Intel Corporation Dual Band Wireless-N 7260

dmesg says link is not ready.  It seem like I've had a similar
problem at least once before and that I might have been able
to get it fixed one time.  But I am not sure what to do next.

And, I'm having trouble getting Ben Shapiro podcasts to play
on this machine.   (I'm using an ethernet connection while the
wireless is down,)

I'm able for example, to watch bsdnow.tv podcasts without a
problem.  But I'm not getting any sound when I try to listen to
to this.

http://www.dailywire.com/podcasts/8606/ben-shapiro-show-ep-170-hillary-clinton-opens-ben-shapiro

I'v tried two ways to get it to work.
1. Clicking on the links..
2. Downloading an mp3 file.

When I downloaded the mp3, it said it needed to install
gstreamer.  So I let it do that, but that didn't seem to help.
I've tried both of the above things several times,  but I haven't
tried rebooting.

Thank you in advance.

--
Brian