      From: Chuck Cole <cncole at earthlink.net>
 Sent: Saturday, August 13, 2016 5:13 PM
 Subject: [tclug-list] FW: IEEE August program: INFRARED ASTRONOMY FROM THE GROUND, AIR, AND SPACE

   Infrared Astronomy from the Ground, Air, and Space  Robert D. Gehrz,  Professor, Minnesota Institute for Astrophysics, University of Minnesota.Infrared (IR) astronomical observations, beginning in the late 1960’s, have provided new understanding of the origin, content, and chemical evolution of the Universe. Early observations in the field were made with ground-based observatories that set the stage for more advanced facilities recently developed by NASA.A brief history of the field will be presented. Observations with the Wyoming Infrared Observatory, and NASA’s Spitzer Space Telescope and Stratospheric Observatory for Infrared astronomy (SOFIA) will be presented. Anticipated observations with NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope will be described. Location details and (free) registration  https://meetings.vtools.ieee.org/m/40148 Date: 27 August 2016,   Time: 09:30 AM to 12:30 PM
Must register before 6pm on Friday August 26.
 Agenda9:30  Networking, Coffee10:00 Presentation:  11:00  Questions, Discussion11:30  PizzaFree, but space is limited and we also need headcount for pizza.  Chuck ColeVice Chair TC IEEE Computer Society