I started working with my school district about 10 years ago. The
problems I find there are always political and never about technology.

What worked for me is to find one champion in the system that speaks the
administrations language. I found there were a ton of people who wanted
to know, just not at the top.

I introduced scratch to the elementary STEM school about 5 years ago,
https://scratch.mit.edu/. It was the districts first involvement with
opensource or community. The project has been very very successful and
it opened the doors to more. But then they hired a new superintendent
that thought it was stupid so..that happened ;(

linda