On 9/23/2015 2:36 PM, Dan Armbrust wrote:
> "enterprise" is a nearly meaningless buzzword, especially in the SSD
> drive space.
>
>http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&DEPA=0&Order=BESTMATCH&Description=enterprise+ssd&N=100011691%20600546214%20600415805%20600439446&isNodeId=1

Although it is true that marketing has been diluting the "enterprise"
name with cheaper drives based on SOHO, or small office use I do not
think one should disregard that there really is a difference between
enterprise & non-enterprise SSD's.

True enterprise SSD's come with a single level cell (SLC) which will
provide longer life.  They also come with better controllers, and are
sas capable.  In my opinion anything not SLC should not be labeled
Enterprise.

Non enterprise use multi level cells(MLC) (or triple level cells).  This
allows them to be built cheaper with higher capacity.  Down side to MLC
or TLC is a shorter lifespan.  They also come with cheaper controllers.
(like the drive mentioned in the link)

My main point here is that there really is a difference between
enterprise & non-enterprise.  Be careful.  There is a valid reason why
one ssd is 99.00 while another of the same capacity is 999.00.