On Fri, 27 Nov 2015, T L wrote:

> Let me second the suggestion of Handbrake. Leave the ISOs where they are
> & set up a HandBrakeCLI process with the iPad or iPhone preset to batch
> convert the collection. The resulting MP4 or m4v files can be natively
> consumed by all modern devices. Plus, as a nice side effect, this will
> strip out all of the enforced previews /advertisements that so many DVDs
> have these days. It's a better watching experience, especially with kids
> who are eager to get to the desired content.

I've already stripped out the extra crap, but this Handbrake idea is
intriguing.  How does it know which title to use?  Does it preserve all of
the audio tracks and subtitles of all languages?

How does it deal with DVD extras?  Suppose I have a documentary with 20
short interviews in separate titles -- what happens then?

Mike